My current research interests include the development of economic models applied in service value networks, auction theory, game theory, business transformation models, and information economy.
(7) N. Caswell, C. Nikolaou, J. Sairamesh, M. Bitsaki, G. D. Koutras and G. Iacovidis. "Estimating Value in Service Systems – A theory and an example". IBM Systems Journal, VOL 47, NO 1, 2008.
(6) C. Nikolaou, S. Tai, G. Iacovidis , M. Bitsaki, P. Mazzoleni, J. Sairamesh. "Estimating Value in Value Networks - A Case Study from Pharmaceutical Industry". Presented the 16th Annual Frontiers in Service Conference, 2007.
(5) M. Bitsaki, G. D. Stamoulis, C. Courcoubetis. "An Efficient Auction-Based Mechanism for Hierarchically Structured Bandwidth Markets". In Computer Communications 29(2006) 911 - 921.
(4) M. Bitsaki, G. D. Stamoulis, C. Courcoubetis. "A New Strategy for Bidding in the Network-Wide Progressive Second Price Auction for Bandwidth". In Proc. of the 1st International Conference on Future Networking Technologies (CoNEXT’05), Toulouse, France, Oct. 2005.
(3) M. Bitsaki, G. D. Stamoulis, C. Courcoubetis. "Auction –Based Bandwidth Trading in a Competitive Hierarchical Market". In Proc. of the 1st International Conference on Next Generation Internet Networks – Traffic Engineering (NGI ’05), Rome, Italy, Apr. 2005
(2) M. Bitsaki, M. Dramitinos, G. D. Stamoulis, G. Antoniadis. "An e-Marketplace for Auctions and Negotiations in the Constructions Sector". In Proc. of the 12th International Conference on Cooperative Information Systems (CoopIS ’04), pp 422-441, Cyprus, Oct. 2004.
(1) Marina E. Bitsaki, “Auction-Based Allocation and Pricing of Telecommunication Resources”, PhD Dissertation, 2004