+49 711 685-88464
+49 711 685-88472
Bitte im Sekretariat anmelden.
Marco Aiello is professor of Computer Science and Head of the Service Computing Department at the University of Stuttgart, Germany and member of the European Academy of Sciences and Arts. He is also honorary professor of Distributed Systems at the University of Groningen, The Netherlands, where he was a faculty member from 2006 till 2018. He holds a PhD in Logic from the University of Amsterdam, the Habilitation in Applied Informatics from TU Wien, and a master degree in Engineering from La Sapienza University of Rome. His research interests are in Service Computing, Smart Energy Systems, and Spatial Reasoning. He has authored over 160 peer reviewed articles and several books, including two bestsellers, and the most recent The Web Was Done by Amateurs published by Springer.
We integrate cross-sectorial expertise on power distribution, control systems, building automation, computer science, and social and behavioral science to propose an interdisciplinary framework that uses innovative distributed control algorithms and an ICT platform coupled with intelligent automated techniques to improve demand-supply matching in a financially and psychologically way that is attractive and acceptable to end-users.
The project focuses on the application of state-of-the-art ICT tools and techniques to improve the environmental footprint of energy-intensive facilities and deliver Smarter and Greener Data-Centers, through ‘self-help’.
- H2020 RISE FIRST - European MSCA Research and Innovation Staff Exchange grant for research into smart and virtual factories to deal with evolution of change (2017-18)
- NWO ESI Pose MERGE - Study and development of an energy management system and user interface that can match supply and demand of various energy carriers using user preferences while contributing to user acceptability and proper adoption of the system (2016-20)
- NWO Joint Scientific Thematic Programme - China BIGS - BeijIng Groningen Smart energy cities (2015-18)
- NWO MVI: Responsible Innovation Redesigning the electricity market in order to facilitate the transition towards a sustainable energy system (2015-16)
- NWO Smart Energy Systems EnSO - Energy Smart Offices (2011-15)
- EU FP7 STREP GreenerBuildings (2010-13): An Ubiquitous Embedded System Framework for Energy-aware Buildings Using Activity and Context Knowledge
- ZonMW MyCare (2008-12): an open, dynamic information system for personal risk assessment, recovery targets, and self-management in schizophrenia
- EU FP7 STREP SM4All - Smart Homes for All (2008-11): An Embedded Middleware Platform for Pervasive and Immersive Environments For-All
- NWO Jacquard SAS-LEG (2008-12): Software As Service for the varying needs of Local EGovernments
- EU FP6 IP SeCSE - Service-Centric Software Engineering (2006-07)
From 2016 Member of the Scientific Advisory Board for Informatics of the Lorentz Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
From 2015 Steering committee Faculty of Exact Sciences, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy
From 2014 Member on the board of the startup Nerdalize BV, The Netherlands
2017 Visiting Fellow, Macquarie University, Australia
2012-18 Full Professor of Distributed Systems, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
2012-17 Visiting professor at Bournemouth University, UK
2006-12 Associate Professor of Distributed Systems, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
2009 Habilitation in Applied Informatics, TU Wien, Austria
2006 Lise Meitner Fellow, TU Wien, Austria,
2002-06 Assistant Professor (ING-INF/05), University of Trento, Italy
2002 PhD in exact sciences, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1997 Laurea (M.S.) in Ingegneria Informatica from the University of Rome La Sapienza, magna cum laude, Italy
1995 Intern in the Advanced Technology Group at Apple Computer in Cupertino, USA
Editorial Board of Energy Informatics, Springer
Editorial Board of the Journal on Service Oriented Computing and Applications, Springer
Information Director of the Transactions on Computational Logic of the Association of Computing Machinery (ACM) from its foundation in 2000 until 2014.
Reviewing Board of Frontiers in Energy Systems and Policy, section of Frontiers in Energy and Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
Editorial Board of Reviewers of International Journal of Web Services Research (IJWSR), IGI-Global
Senior Editorial Board of Annals of Computer Science and Information Systems of the Polish Information Processing Society